Question

Help! I Need Immune System Tips!

• 13 February 2023
  • 7 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +3

It’s that time of year when small children bring home germs...and I’ve been catching every single one! Does anyone have any immune system boosters? Catching every little bug is starting to get a little exhausting! Is there a vitamin combo I don’t know about? Do I need to be doing things above Cloroxing the whole house? Help a threat modeler out!

7 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +3
  1. Get enough sleep: Aim to get at least 7-8 hours of sleep per night to help your body repair and recharge.
  2. Eat a healthy diet: A balanced diet with plenty of fruits and vegetables can provide the nutrients your immune system needs to function properly.
  3. Stay hydrated: Drinking enough water helps flush toxins from your body and keeps your immune system functioning properly.
  4. Exercise regularly: Exercise can help boost your immune system by reducing inflammation and improving circulation.
  5. Manage stress: Chronic stress can weaken your immune system, so finding ways to manage stress, such as through meditation or yoga, can help.
  6. Avoid smoking and excessive alcohol consumption: Smoking and excessive alcohol consumption can suppress your immune system and increase your risk of infections and diseases.
  7. Wash your hands frequently: Proper handwashing can help prevent the spread of germs and infections.
  8. Get vaccinated: Vaccines can help prevent infections and diseases and boost your immune system's ability to fight off illnesses.

Remember, having a strong immune system doesn't mean you'll never get sick, but it can help reduce your                 risk of infections and diseases and speed up your recovery time if you do get sick.

If you want to boost your immune system then eat honey because honey contains phytonutrients with antioxidant ,antiviral ,antifungal ,and antibacterial properties that  improve digestion system .Flavonoids and polyphenols , the other two main bioactive molecules, serve as antioxidants. The body’s free radicals are neutralized by the antioxidants.

Honey has antioxidant, antibacterial, and antitumor properties that can be considered immune system builders .Honey is generally safe for adults and childern over the age of 18 to consume.

Userlevel 1
Badge +1

It's always important to be up-to-date on recommended vaccinations and boosters. Water plays many important roles in your body, including supporting your immune system. As with most things in your body, a healthy diet is key to a strong immune system. Eating well also means limiting saturated fats, cholesterol, salt, and added sugars.
Eating well provides multiple nutrients that support optimal immune function.
Physical activity isn't just for building muscles and helping yourself de-stress — it's also an important part of being healthy and supporting a healthy immune system. Taking care of yourself will help your immune system take care of you.

I don’t know how teachers do it.  I’ve asked friends who are teachers and most of them tell me they’re constantly sick for the first year or so, and then their immune system turns into superman and they don’t get sick very often after that.

Userlevel 3
Badge +1

I swear by the following things: drink plenty of filtered water, establish and keep good bedtime and sleeping habits, get some sunlight daily (15 mins or so), take a Vit D and a Vit C supplement along with a multi-vit.  Air purifier in the home may help if you have your windows closed all winter and eat a lot of veggies! During the winter, I also drink green tea daily. When I am around someone who is sick or I am planning to travel, I double my Vit C and Vit D for the duration of my trip or 3 days after exposure to someone ill.

Other than that, I think it just comes with mom-hood! I remember those days when we had rounds of icky in the house.  These days too shall pass!

It’s that time of year when small children bring home germs...and I’ve been catching every single one! Does anyone have any immune system boosters? Catching every little bug is starting to get a little exhausting! Is there a vitamin combo I don’t know about? Do I need to be doing things above Cloroxing the whole house? Help a threat modeler out!

There are several things you can do to help support your immune system and reduce your risk of catching every bug that comes your way like eat a healthy and balanced diet, get enough sleep, stay hydrated, exercise regularly, manage stress and consider taking a daily multivitamin, a daily multivitamin can help provide your body with the essential nutrients it needs to support a strong immune system.

Remember that good hygiene practices, such as washing your hands frequently and avoiding close contact with sick people, are also important for reducing your risk of catching illnesses.😊

I was a germophobia skeptic until Mythbusters showed how effective those measures can be:

Then the pandemic reinforced that.  We went to Denver Comic-Con for three days and it was a mandatory mask event.  We didn’t catch Covid.  Then we went to another non mask event for an hour and my wife and I both caught it.

For immune boosters, I’d say get some blood tests done to see if you’re low in anything like vitamin D, B12, or  iron.  That way you aren’t just shotgunning supplements.