Hey there, community!

• Anonymous
  • 0 replies

It feels good to be here, right? We are so excited to have you here and to be building this community together. Let's start off by getting to know each other. This is a big community that is going to continue to grow, so I'd love for every new face to reply to this thread and share a bit about themselves.

Here are a few questions to get you started, but feel free to add whatever you'd like in the comments below!

1. What's your name?

2. What brings you to this Community?

3. What are you hoping to learn or gain from being here?

4. How long have you been threat modeling?

5. Where are you located?

6. In your opinion, what is the most difficult thing about threat modeling?

7. If you could have any one superpower, what would it be?

8. (optional) What’s an interesting yet little-known fact about yourself?

Once you've introduced yourself in this thread, go create your first post!

27 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +3

Hi everyone! Here are my answers- I’m excited to be a part of this awesome community!

1. What's your name? Kristen Canady

2. What brings you to this Community? I’m a moderator! I work in marketing and help create documentation, presentations, and resources about threat modeling. 

3. What are you hoping to learn or gain from being here? I’m hoping to network with other users, help things run smoothly, and assist in providing valuable content.

4. How long have you been threat modeling? I’ve been at ThreatModeler for 8 months now.

5. Where are you located? I live in Salt Lake City, Utah in the USA.

6. In your opinion, what is the most difficult thing about threat modeling? Not knowing what to threat model.

7. If you could have any one superpower, what would it be? Definitely teleportation - travel takes so long!

8. (optional) What’s an interesting yet little-known fact about yourself? I have a scar through my right eyebrow that I got in college, and for a full semester my friends called me Capone.

Here are my answers. I look forward to interacting with you all in our community. 

1. What's your name? Laura

2. What brings you to this Community? I’m a part of the moderator team :)  

3. What are you hoping to learn or gain from being here? I’m hoping to again more insight into threat modeling and facilitate interactions between community members. 

4. How long have you been threat modeling? I’ve been at ThreatModeler for a little under 2 years.

5. Where are you located? Dallas, Texas 

6. In your opinion, what is the most difficult thing about threat modeling? Keeping up with regulations and security best practices 

7. If you could have any one superpower, what would it be? Invisibility 

8. (optional) What’s an interesting yet little-known fact about yourself? I was born in Colombia 🇨🇴

Userlevel 4
Badge +2

Hello.  I’m excited to be a part of the threat modeling community!

1. What's your name? Todd Edison

2. What brings you to this Community? I’m a moderator! I work as a Technical Account Manager with ThreatModeler. 

3. What are you hoping to learn or gain from being here? I’m excited to network, and answer questions about the ThreatModeler platform and it’s functionality. 

4. How long have you been threat modeling? I’ve been involved in cybersecurity for the last 6 years.

5. Where are you located? Bellingham, WA

6. In your opinion, what is the most difficult thing about threat modeling? Identifying all of the various attack vectors and making sure they are secure.

7. If you could have any one superpower, what would it be? Elemental control

8. (optional) What’s an interesting yet little-known fact about yourself? I’ve traveled to 24 different countries. 

Userlevel 2
Badge +1

Hey everyone! Super psyched to be a part of this amazing community. My answers are below:

1. What's your name? Udai Avasthi

2. What brings you to this Community? Part of the moderator team. 

3. What are you hoping to learn or gain from being here? Hoping to learn more about threat modeling, networking and try to increase our community’s footprint.

4. How long have you been threat modeling? Almost 2 years now :)

5. Where are you located? Toronto, Canada

6. In your opinion, what is the most difficult thing about threat modeling? What goes inside a threat model and what stays outside a threat model

7. If you could have any one superpower, what would it be? Time travel

8. (optional) What’s an interesting yet little-known fact about yourself? Love to play golf and am pretty good at it :P

Hi everyone!  Today is my first day at ThreatModeler as the community manager.  I’ve been managing communities for 20 years, and before that I was a sysadmin for 10 years (yes I’m an old Gen Xer 😃).  My specialty is technical communities and some of the tech companies I’ve worked at are: Intuit, Spiceworks, Webroot & Automox.  In my spare time, I’m a video gamer (just got my Steam Deck) and watch lots of movies and TV.  Looking forward to getting to know you all.

What's your name? Nicholas Tolstoshev, but I go by Nic

What brings you to this Community? Here to support the team managing the community and coming up with fun new programs, ideas and content.

What are you hoping to learn or gain from being here? Meeting all the community regulars and learning more about threat modeling.

How long have you been threat modeling?  Haven’t done threat modeling before, but I’ve worked 6 years for other cybersecurity companies and love learning about security in general.

Where are you located? Denver, Colorado

In your opinion, what is the most difficult thing about threat modeling? Worrying about if you’ve missed something important.

If you could have any one superpower, what would it be? Invisibility

(optional) What’s an interesting yet little-known fact about yourself?  I’m originally from Australia and lived all over the world as a kid: Australia, Scotland, Germany, France & US.  I’m fluent in French if anyone wants to practices their language skills.

Feel free to reach out to me with questions, suggestions, feedback, ideas or if you want to talk about any nerdy subjects.

Userlevel 6
Badge +2

Hello Everyone!!!

Let me take a deep breath, on a positive note, because I am extremely curious and eager to introduce myself.

1. What's your name?  My name is Udipt Bhuyan, and you can call me UD 😅

2. What brings you to this Community? That's a responsibility I have as the Community Coordinator at ThreatModeler.

3. What are you hoping to learn or gain from being here? I want to understand how a community works, how networking occurs, and get a lot of learning points from my bright colleagues. And yes, I have a keen interest in cybersecurity, understanding security breaches and how mitigations work, as things like ML and AI also pull me, and I want to increase my Creativity and Communication skills through working together.

4. How long have you been threat modeling? It has just been around 2.5 months since I joined.

5. Where are you located?  Noida, INDIA

6. In your opinion, what is the most difficult thing about threat modeling? Difficulties in analyzing threats and forecasting actual risk.

7. If you could have any one superpower, what would it be? Techno-Biopunk

8. (optional) What’s an interesting yet little-known fact about yourself? I am a dub creative artist and sometimes a writer. 😀

Userlevel 2
Badge +1
  1. What's your name? Mitchell DeMazza, I go by Mitch often.

2. What brings you to this Community? Excited to learn from the professional in the AppSec, ProdSec, InfoSec fields

3. What are you hoping to learn or gain from being here? The knowledge from such professionals

4. How long have you been threat modeling? 4 years

5. Where are you located? Spain

6. In your opinion, what is the most difficult thing about threat modeling? Ensuring the people, the process, and mindset are in place.

7. If you could have any one superpower, what would it be? Flying + not being scared of heights.

8. (optional) What’s an interesting yet little-known fact about yourself? I wrote a book that I hope to one day publish.

Userlevel 3
Badge +2
  1. What's your name? Lee Bucci

2. What brings you to this Community? Nic! And to connect with our team =]

3. What are you hoping to learn or gain from being here? Industry knowledge/news - Internal discussions.

4. How long have you been threat modeling? 1 Year

5. Where are you located? Rhode Island

6. In your opinion, what is the most difficult thing about threat modeling? Selling it ;) - JK 

7. If you could have any one superpower, what would it be?  Flight

8. (optional) What’s an interesting yet little-known fact about yourself? Attending live music shows is probably top 5 of my favorite things to do! My current obsession is GOOSE

Userlevel 4
Badge +1

Hi, everyone! Here are my answers: 

1. What's your name? Bailey Sloan

2. What brings you to this Community? Helping the team moderate the community

3. What are you hoping to learn or gain from being here? I’m hoping to gain more insight into threat modeling.

4. How long have you been threat modeling? I’ve been at ThreatModeler for 3 months.

5. Where are you located? Dallas, Texas

6. In your opinion, what is the most difficult thing about threat modeling? Keeping up with regulations

7. If you could have any one superpower, what would it be? Flight!

8. (optional) What’s an interesting yet little-known fact about yourself? I used to do Highland dance!

Userlevel 2
Badge +2

Hey everyone! Excited to be apart of the ThreatModeler Community!

1. What's your name? Muneeba

2. What brings you to this Community? Here to support the team and the great work they have done on the platform. 

3. What are you hoping to learn or gain from being here? Hoping to gain more insight into Threat-modeling in all aspects. 

4. How long have you been threat modeling? I have been with ThreatModeler for 2 years 😁

5. Where are you located? Jersey City (HQ)

6. In your opinion, what is the most difficult thing about threat modeling? The more technical aspects of threat modeling. 

7. If you could have any one superpower, what would it be? Teleportation 

8. (optional) What’s an interesting yet little-known fact about yourself? I love to read and paint during any free time I have. 

Userlevel 4
Badge +2

What's your name? Patrick Alvarez

What brings you to this Community? Part of the Threatmodeler team

What are you hoping to learn or gain from being here? I’m hoping to network with other and assist in providing valuable content.

How long have you been threat modeling? I haven’t done threat modeling before, but I’m excited for this opportunity.

Where are you located? New York City

In your opinion, what is the most difficult thing about threat modeling? Understanding when to initiate threat modeling and identifying the best option.

If you could have any one superpower, what would it be? I would like to fly ( I’m sure I will get a pilot’s license at some point. 😅)

(optional) What’s an interesting yet little-known fact about yourself? I was at the capital on January 6th!

Userlevel 4
Badge +2
  1. What's your name? Catie

2. What brings you to this Community? I currently work at ThreatModeler.

3. What are you hoping to learn or gain from being here? I’m hoping to again more insight into threat modeling.

4. How long have you been threat modeling? I have been working at ThreatModeler for almost 2 years.

5. Where are you located? Jersey City, NJ

6. In your opinion, what is the most difficult thing about threat modeling? Identifying the failure conditions that could lead to the realisation of these threats

7. If you could have any one superpower, what would it be? Flying

Userlevel 1
Badge
  1. What's your name? Sehaj

2. What brings you to this Community? Here to guide and mentor on AppSec and connect with other like minded individuals 

3. What are you hoping to learn or gain from being here? Build connections and learn more about Threatmodeling community

4. How long have you been threat modeling? 3-4 years

5. Where are you located? Canada ⛄

6. If you could have any one superpower, what would it be? Teleportation 

Userlevel 4
Badge +2

Hey everyone, here are my answers!

1. What's your name? Harsh Patel, but I usually go by Sorra

2. What brings you to this Community? Working as a Threat Research Engineer with the TRC team

3. What are you hoping to learn or gain from being here? Develop Inter-Personal Communication, Networking, and Professional skills

4. How long have you been threat modeling? It’s been a month since I’ve joined this community!

5. Where are you located? Brooklyn, New York

6. In your opinion, what is the most difficult thing about threat modeling? Defining the scope for threat modeling

7. If you could have any one superpower, what would it be? Teleportation!

8. (optional) What’s an interesting yet little-known fact about yourself? I’m running NYC marathon this year!

Userlevel 2
Badge +1
  1. What's your name? Patrick Yang

2. What brings you to this Community? Engaging with fellow Threatmodelers!

3. What are you hoping to learn or gain from being here? There is always so much to learn from others, both in the domain of Threat modeling or within Threatmodeler software 

4. How long have you been threat modeling? a little less than a year

5. Where are you located? Austin. TX

6. In your opinion, what is the most difficult thing about threat modeling? Starting and or scaling the threat modeling practice within an organization 

7. If you could have any one superpower, what would it be? Freeze time or time travel

8. (optional) What’s an interesting yet little-known fact about yourself? I have a dog (see profile picture) named Uni that has a disability called megaesophagus where he has to eat all his meals in a special chair called a Bailey chair (looks like a baby’s high chair!)

Userlevel 3
Badge +2
  1. What's your name? Khyati Raval

2. What brings you to this Community? To be a part of ThreatModeler team

3. What are you hoping to learn or gain from being here? To network with others

4. How long have you been threat modeling? Just a month

5. Where are you located? Jersey City, NJ

6. In your opinion, what is the most difficult thing about threat modeling? When to stop the research while building the content

7. If you could have any one superpower, what would it be? Be invisible 

Userlevel 4
Badge +2
  1. What's your name? Ali Abughannam

2. What brings you to this Community? Keeping up with our exciting updates and the funny GIFs. 

3. What are you hoping to learn or gain from being here? It would be great to understand and read about different perspectives on threat modeling. 

4. How long have you been threat modeling? Threat modeling is a lifestyle and I have been threat modeling for as long as I can remember. This May would make it 7 years in the company.

5. Where are you located? North Bergen, New Jersey

6. In your opinion, what is the most difficult thing about threat modeling? I would say how and when do you know your threat model is complete and your potential threats have been mitigated. 

7. If you could have any one superpower, what would it be? Super speed, because it includes time traveling, eating whatever you like without getting fat, and going anywhere in seconds. 

8. (optional) What’s an interesting yet little-known fact about yourself? I was born in Palestine and hold dual citizenship. 

Userlevel 1
Badge +1

Excited to introduce myself to everyone!

1. What's your name? Erika Trenkle

2. What brings you to this Community? Looking forward to seeing what the hot topics are that our partners and customers are interested in.

3. What are you hoping to learn or gain from being here? Looking forwarded to Networking 

4. How long have you been threat modeling? New to the ThreatModeler Team 

5. Where are you located? Austin, Texas

6. In your opinion, what is the most difficult thing about threat modeling?  I feel it’s process leading up to building the threat model. Making sure the different departments have a shared understanding. 

7. If you could have any one superpower, what would it be? I’ve already been told I have super powered hearing and my children aren’t able to get away with anything. Therefore I’d have to say the power to fly.

8. (optional) What’s an interesting yet little-known fact about yourself? I love photography

Userlevel 2
Badge +2
  1. What's your name? Vaidehi Rana

2. What brings you to this Community? I joined this community because I'm passionate about Threat Modeling and wanted to connect with like-minded individuals who share the same enthusiasm.

3. What are you hoping to learn or gain from being here? Being a part of the community can provide me with access to a diverse range of experts and enthusiasts who can offer unique insights and perspectives on various topics. Additionally, by participating in discussions and collaborating with other members, I can broaden my understanding of complex concepts, expand my skill set, and stay up-to-date with emerging technologies.

4. How long have you been threat modeling? I have been associated with Threat Modeling for 4+ years.

6. In your opinion, what is the most difficult thing about threat modeling? The most difficult thing about threat modeling is often getting started and understanding the system or application being analyzed deeply enough to identify potential threats. It can be a challenging task to comprehensively identify all potential threats, especially in complex systems or those with many interconnected components. Additionally, accurately assessing the severity and likelihood of each threat requires a strong understanding of security principles and attack techniques, which can be time-consuming and require specialized expertise. Finally, communicating the results of the threat modeling process to stakeholders and convincing them to implement appropriate mitigations can also be a significant challenge.

7. If you could have any one superpower, what would it be? The Flash Speed so I can get a lot more work done in 24 hours.

8. (optional) What’s an interesting yet little-known fact about yourself? I am an adventure sports enthusiast.

Userlevel 1
Badge +1

1. What's your name? My name is Deep

2. What brings you to this Community? Excited to interact and learn from everyone on this Community.

3. What are you hoping to learn or gain from being here? Insights into threat modeling and keeping myself up to date with the industry.

4. How long have you been threat modeling? I’ve been with ThreatModeler for over 4.5 years.

6. In your opinion, what is the most difficult thing about threat modeling? Defining and staying within the scope, while threat modeling or researching, and knowing when to stop. 

7. If you could have any one superpower, what would it be? Time Travel

8. (optional) What’s an interesting yet little-known fact about yourself?  Learning how to make music on GarageBand! 

Userlevel 4
Badge +2

Hello. Happy to be here.

• What's your name? Amir

• What brings you to this Community? Like to contribute and learn from others.

• What are you hoping to learn or gain from being here? Get more up to speed with the cybersecurity industry.

• How long have you been threat modeling? Over a year

• Where are you located? Gaithersburg, MD

• In your opinion, what is the most difficult thing about threat modeling? Knowing which environments matter the most to threat model.

• If you could have any one superpower, what would it be? I wish I never had to sleep, and run on 100% energy at all times

Userlevel 2
Badge +3
  1. What's your name? Vu Nguyen (“voo win”)

2. What brings you to this Community? I want to know what is at the top of everyone’s mind in the cyber security landscape and what the latest challenges are to applying the threat modeling discipline.

3. What are you hoping to learn or gain from being here? I want to learn about what people are struggling with and interrogate ideas on how to alleviate those friction points.

4. How long have you been threat modeling? About 11 months.

5. Where are you located? Austin, Texas

6. In your opinion, what is the most difficult thing about threat modeling? Not knowing if you’ve thought of everything and letting perfect be the enemy of progress.

7. If you could have any one superpower, what would it be? Communication. I think it’d be pretty cool to have a better understanding of others. 

8. (optional) What’s an interesting yet little-known fact about yourself? I used to play paintball and good on the field communication was the linchpin of success.

Hi, I joined Threat Modeller  as a Community Moderator. And I’m very exited to introduce myself.

1. What's your name? Shaiphali Mishra

2. What brings you to this Community? I am interested in various topics, including cybersecurity and assist in any way I can by providing information and answering questions related to cybersecurity.

3. What are you hoping to learn or gain from being here? I am here to learn more about the latest developments in cybersecurity, engage with the community.

4. How long have you been threat modeling? New to the Threat Modeller Team

5. Where are you located? Noida, India

6. In your opinion, what is the most difficult thing about threat modeling? One of the most challenging aspects of threat modeling is determining the appropriate level of detail. It can be difficult to strike the right balance between being too granular, which can lead to analysis paralysis and missing the bigger picture, or being too high-level, which may overlook critical details.

7. If you could have any one superpower, what would it be? I would like to disappear 😆

8. (optional) What’s an interesting yet little-known fact about yourself? I love to make Instagram Reel (@shairo1519) in free time. 😜 

Userlevel 4
Badge +3

I am excited to introduce myself, so here are my answers:

1. What’s your name? Sudhakanta Mohanty

2. What brings you to this Community? I am a researcher in community! I work on different social media verticals, so this excites me more about the community.

3. What are you hoping to learn or gain from being here? I am looking for verity of content and the engagement of people will happen here.

4. How long have you been threat modeling? I have been associated with threat modeling approximately for 1 month.

5. Where are you located? I live in Noida, India.

6. In your opinion, what is the most difficult thing about threat modeling? The hard part for me is how to model a threat and what is inside the model and what is outside the model.

7. If you could have any one superpower, what would it be? I want to read every living mind.

8. (Optional) what’s an interesting yet little-known fact about yourself? I like to draw and sketch.

Hello team. My name is Ishita Tripathi. I am a cybersecurity enthusiast, which is why I am here. I love the topics discussed in this community. Also it is fun to be here because we discuss other interesting things too. I hope to grow my cybersecurity awareness while interacting with the other members of this community. I am currently based in NOIDA, India. I want to be like elon Musk.