Travel: Where in the world?

• 21 August 2023
  • 5 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +1

Hello TM family!

Curious as to who’s got the travel bug? Where is a place that you’ve visited that truly inspired you and why? Or where is a place you’d love to visit that’s on your bucket list? 

For me, one place that unexpectedly inspired me was Aruba. I had the opportunity to volunteer for the day at an orphanage and help design and fill gift boxes filled with school supplies and small educational toys. The children were so vibrant and happy and their laughter was infectious!

One place I’d love to visit is Norway. I’d love the opportunity to take a fjord ride and possibly see the Northern Lights.

5 replies

Rishikesh turned out to be an unexpectedly inspiring place for me 😍. I attended a destination wedding in a Punjabi family there, and witnessing the diverse rituals was truly captivating and enjoyable.

Another destination that has captured my imagination 😍 is Switzerland. The prospect of taking a flight and beholding the snow-capped mountains is something I would absolutely love to experience. 🤗

Userlevel 6
Badge +2

Hello TM family!

Curious as to who’s got the travel bug? Where is a place that you’ve visited that truly inspired you and why? Or where is a place you’d love to visit that’s on your bucket list? 

For me, one place that unexpectedly inspired me was Aruba. I had the opportunity to volunteer for the day at an orphanage and help design and fill gift boxes filled with school supplies and small educational toys. The children were so vibrant and happy and their laughter was infectious!

One place I’d love to visit is Norway. I’d love the opportunity to take a fjord ride and possibly see the Northern Lights.

Travelling to Bhutan is a unique and fascinating experience due to its distinct culture, breathtaking scenery, and Gross National Happiness ideology, as well as a wealth of life lessons; it transformed my perspective on everything in life. I began to live my life rather than worry about it.

Here are several reasons why I believe someone should visit Bhutan:

• Cultural Richness
  • Gross National Happiness
  • Natural Beauty
  • Monasteries and Dzongs
  • Monastic Life
  • Spiritual Festivals
  • Chortens and Stupas
  • Bhutanese Buddhism and Philosophy
  • Guru Rinpoche
  • Pilgrimage Sites
  • Buddhist Values in Daily Life
  • Escape from the Ordinary
  • Buddhist Spirituality
  • Photographic Opportunities
  • Realism and Peaceful Change

Buddhist spirituality is deeply ingrained in the hearts and minds of the Bhutanese people, and it shapes their perspectives on life, happiness, and the interconnectedness of all beings and it inspired me in every ways in reshaping my life.

Userlevel 3
Badge +1

@Shaiphali Mishra Rishikesh sounds like a lovely place to visit! I haven’t seen the mountains in Switzerland; however, my son traveled over them while studying in Europe this past spring and sent me arial photos of the Matterhorn. The photos looked incredible! I have flown over the Rocky Mountains in the summer and have seen the snow capped mountains there, that is also another fabulous site!

Userlevel 3
Badge +1

@Udipt Bhuyan Bhutan sounds like the perfect destination for a spiritual awakening and rebirth. Thank you so much for your detailed response and for sharing your personal journey with that visit!

Userlevel 6
Badge +2

@Udipt Bhuyan Bhutan sounds like the perfect destination for a spiritual awakening and rebirth. Thank you so much for your detailed response and for sharing your personal journey with that visit!

Thank you!! Patricia.Beaulieu It's like I love to travel a lot and take many things as learning from the place, and thank you so much for mentioning ARUBA. I was not concerned about this place, and Google made me even more intrigued to visit it someday! 😀